Tropical storm threatens FL + Local chocolatier survives downtown
Get up and over to them, Tampa! It’s Friday, so let’s start with everything you need to know in Tampa today.
In this issue, you will discover a local business owner who survived the pandemic, a building storm heading to Florida, a new restaurant heading to Midtown Tampa, and more. Now let’s get started.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day: Possible light rain in the morning and afternoon. High: 86 Low: 78.
Here are the best stories today in Tampa:
1. Tropical Storm Elsa has formed and is moving quickly towards Florida in the current track map. Residents of Tampa Bay should watch weather updates closely and make sure you are prepared. (Room)
2. One Chocolatier Peterbrooke successfully survived the pandemic in downtown Tampa by adapting to the times and build as many alliances as possible and eat a lot of chocolate. (Tampa Bay Times)
3. The owner of On the restaurant Swann and Olivia, Chris Ponte, opens a new restaurant called Ponte Tampa this fall in Downtown Tampa. (So it’s Tampa)
4. Former President Trump’s trip to Sarasota this Saturday could cause significant traffic delays, so plan ahead if you are heading south. He is scheduled to speak at 8 p.m. at the Sarasota Fairgrounds. (WFLA)
5. A man from Gulfport faced multiple police chargers after doing a threat of mass shootings on Snapchat with an AR-15. (WFLA)
Today’s Tampa Daily is brought to you by our friends at Verizon. They are building the fastest 5G network in the country. To find out how 5G will change the lives of you and your community – and to access this amazing technology – click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in Tampa!
Today in Tampa
- From Tusks to Tails: A Fossil History of Florida. (10:00 AM)
- Songs and stories in Spanish at the Collective of community roots. (10:00 AM)
- Tampa Bay History Center Offerings Free entry to the army. (10:00 AM)
- “CANCER CITY” July 4 WKND Tampa Takeover at Rose Bar Tampa. (2:00 p.m.)
- Start your Independence Day weekend early with BOOYAH! (15:00)
- St. Pete Summer Jam at Cage Brewing. (4:00 p.m.)
- Return to Freedom MusicFest of July 4 @ Brooksville Farm. (4:00 p.m.)
- “Summer Of Soul” neighborhood party. (5:00 p.m.)
- Glow zone at Sky Zone. (7:00 p.m.)
Tampa Patch Notebook
- Tampa has been ranked among the top players in the office market in the country.
- Copper Brewery donates $ 1 from every pint of Florida Special Lager this month to Tampa Bay Watch, a non-profit organization “dedicated to the protection and restoration of the Tampa Bay Estuary.”
- If you see a bird that looks sick from the red tide, experts recommend contacting a local rescue group to treat them for toxicity instead of touching them.
- Time took a look at the octopus dishes in Tampa Bay.
- A former Tampa Bay Times reporter is now the right-wing public relations professional for Tampa Mayor Jane Castor.
- A 13 year old from Broward County is sue Governor DeSantis on its ban on playing transgender sports.
- Tampa Bay Hours: “️ Halfway. ️ See you in Montreal tampabay.com/lightning” (Facebook)
- Tampa Bay Hours: “Florida may soon see its first tropical storm of the season make landfall.” (Facebook)
- Tampa Bay Hours: “The House and Senate unanimously passed a civic education bill. Gov. Ron DeSantis vetoed it, citing co …” (Facebook)
- TAMPA downtown magazine: “Tampa turns blue and the sky lights up for Go Bolts! ️.. #Tampadowntown #downtowntampa #ti …” (Instagram)
- Tampa Bay Hours: “Zane will be the company’s primary taste tester for new baby food products,” the company said in a press release … “(Facebook)
- Tampa Bay Hours: “In a letter Tuesday night, DeSantis said he had vetoed the bill out of public safety concerns.” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- From Tusks to Tails: A Fossil History of Florida (July 2)
- Tampa Bay History Center Gives Free Army Admission (July 2)
- “Summer Of Soul” neighborhood party (July 2)
- Trinity Farmers Market – Celebrating Freedom (July 3)
- BBQ on the Block – Outdoor market and BBQ at CORNER CLUB TAMPA (July 3)
- Fully American barbecue (July 3)
- World Of Beer Hosts Red, White & Alcoholic Brunch (July 4th)
- 6th Annual Zephyrhills Summer Festival sponsored by T-Mobile (July 4)
- Tampa Theater Summer Classics Series (July 4)
- Freedom Day (July 4)
- Sister Hazel in concert July 4th (July 4th)
- Free Career Discovery Bootcamp (N. Hillsborough) (July 10)
- Tiana’s Tea Inc presents “MASK OFF” (July 24)
- WANTED: Meyers ADULT female parrot. (Details)
You are now in the know and ready to start this Friday on the right foot. I’ll catch up to you early tomorrow morning with another update!
– Carlos hernandez
About me: Hello, my name is Carlos Hernandez and I am a food writer with over 10 years of experience in the industry. I write the Carlos Eats Food Blog (http://www.carloseats.com) and I also contribute to several newspapers and magazines with food blogs and articles.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Tampa Daily? Email all inquiries to me at email@example.com.