Plymouth Farmers Market + McDonald Blasts Oxford school officials
Hey, Plymouth-Canton! Here’s everything you need to know to get off to a good start this Saturday. Here’s everything you need to know in Plymouth-Canton today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
A thunderstorm in the afternoon. High: 82 Low: 64.
Here are today’s top stories in Plymouth-Canton:
- Metro Detroit Farmers Markets, including the Plymouth Farmers Market operates 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays at 736 Penniman Ave. (hometown life)
- Rosemary Smith, 87, of Canton, Michigan, died with family members at his home on May 11, 2022. (Legacy.com)
- Oakland County District Attorney Karen McDonald blasted Oxford school officials on Friday for delaying an investigation into the events leading up to the fatal shooting at Oxford High School. (Rochester Hills patch)
Today in Plymouth-Canton:
- Sanitation of Canton – City of Canton – Public and environmental works (8:00 a.m.)
- Canton Cleanup – City of Canton – Community and Special Events (8:00 a.m.)
- Free mini family photo shoots in Guangzhou! (09H00)
From my notebook:
- Next door neighbour, Mayflower: “My daughter’s car was broken into last night and a hiking backpack with all her gear was stolen. – I made a police report and they said there had been several break-ins in the region. They also informed us that the authors were looking for…” (The next door)
- Nextdoor neighbor, Hamlet Community: “Can anyone recommend a good place near Guangzhou or surrounding area to service German cars? – My air conditioner is running weird and I’d rather not go to a dealership unnecessarily. I’m looking for honest work at a good price” (The next door)
- Next door neighbor Brookside: “I realize everyone is short on staff, but thought I’d mention that Jonathan’s Family Restaurant, 40345 Michigan Avenue (in Lotz, behind Subway), Canton, is looking for servers. – They’re open 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Monday t…” (The next door)
- Next door neighbour, forest trails: “The Forest Trails Subdivision will be participating in both sponsored garage sales. – You better get busy and clean out those closets! May. 2…” (The next door)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
You’re all caught up for today! See you tomorrow for another update.
— Dylan Siwicki
About me: I was born and raised on the Westside of Detroit, in the Polish blue-collar neighborhood of Warrendale. I am a Detroit Public School graduate who fought hard to earn my education. My aspiration to journalism came when I was young, when I started following the corruption scandal of former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. My first break into the world of journalism began with the opportunity to work at the Michigan Journal, where I primarily reported on campus and local news throughout the Dearborn community. I finally worked my way to the news editor. So, with first-hand experience growing up in a close-knit neighborhood, I know the importance of delivering news and telling stories that impact local communities. And as the latest news editor at Patch for Metro Detroit, it’s my job to deliver that news. So feel free to contact me about new tips or your own unique experiences at firstname.lastname@example.org
Got a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Plymouth-Canton Daily? Contact me at email@example.com